As we enter the Year of Mission at Calvary Bible Church, here’s a brief outline of what’s in store for 2016.
Jerusalem Outreach Projects
PURPOSE: Reach out to our local community as a corporate body by distributing flyers for upcoming important and church-wide Gospel-promoting events, in order to have a more active presence in our community and build relationships for the sake of the Gospel.
Three local outreaches after Meet & Mingle, as follows:
- February 28 – distribute Passion Week flyers
- June 26 – distribute Vacation Bible School flyers
- November 27 – distribute Christmas Concert flyers
PURPOSE: Minister to our local missionaries according to their ministry needs and provide an opportunity for the church body to be more involved with our local missionaries by encouraging Fellowship Groups to adopt a local ministry that we support.
Short Term Mission (STM) Trips
- House of Blessing - adopted by Crossroads
- Hope Again - adopted by Homebuilders
- Deaf and Deaf-Blind Home - adopted by Community of Faith
- Child Evangelism Fellowship - adopted by Common Ground
- Avenues - adopted by Fellowship of the Saints
- Children’s Hunger Fund
PURPOSE: To further our partnership in the Gospel with our missionaries and the churches that they serve, as well as to be more deliberate in participating in the Great Commission abroad. An STM fund has been set up with the goal of raising $50,000 to help support these trips. We ask that contributions to this fund be over and above your normal giving.
- Philippines – March 30th - April 11th
- Kenya – June 22nd - July 2nd
- Honduras – early August
- Malawi – October
Prayerfully consider how you can be involved in the advancement of the Gospel through participation in the Jerusalem Projects, Serving Samaria and Short Term Mission Trips!