Doctrine is essential to the life of the church as food is essential to the life of a body, or as breathing is to the lungs. In the Bible God tells us about who He is, what He has done, what He will do, why we are here, what He expects of us, how we can know Him, and how He wants us to live so that He is pleased. He also tells us history, where the world is headed, and how to make sense of life this side of heaven. The Scriptures are filled with all that God intends for us to know in order to be all that He has called us to be. It is “all that we need for life and godliness” (2 Peter 1:3-4).
Without truth we are like a ship without a map or compass, “tossed here and there by waves, and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming” (Ephesians 4:14).
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, sufficient and authoritative for all matters of faith, life, and godliness. 2 Peter 1:3, 20-21 | 2 Tim 3:16 | Ps 19:7-9
- We believe in the unity of the Godhead, that there are three distinct Persons, of one substance, power, and purpose, who eternally exist in relationship to one another as Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. All three Persons are one in essence, nature, and being, each possessing the attributes of God in full, not in part. Matt 28:19 | 2 Cor 13:14 | Deut 6:4 | Matt 3:16-17
- We believe Jesus Christ is fully man and fully God, lived a perfect life, died a substitutionary death on the cross for the sins of the world, was buried and after three days rose from the dead, conquering death, and is now seated at the right hand of God. John 10:30; 14:9 | Acts 2:14-36 | John 1:1 | Phil 2:5-11 | I John 2:2 | Isaiah 53
- We believe all men are sinners, falling short of the glory of God, and are in need of salvation from sin and its consequences. Rom 3:23; 6:23 | John 3:19 | Gal 5:17 | Ps 51:5
- We believe salvation is by God’s grace, mercy, and faith alone, through the preaching of the gospel, repentance, and the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit. Eph 2:8-9 | Rom 3:20 | Galatians 3 | John 3:3 | Rom 10:17 | Mark 1:15
- We believe every believer is indwelt by the Holy Spirit and is able and expected to walk in the newness of the Spirit by obeying God and growing in Christlikeness. John 14:16-17; 17:17, 19 | Rom 6:1-22 | 2 Cor 3:18 | 1 Cor 6:19-20
- We believe salvation includes regeneration which produces increasing obedience and transformation into the image of Christ. Rom 8:29 | 2 Cor 5:17 | 1 Thess 4:3-7
- We believe in the future resurrection of those who have died, the saved to eternal life and the unsaved to eternal punishment. John 5:29; 6:39 | Rom 8:10-11, 19-23 | 2 Cor 4:14 | Dan 12:2
- We believe in the universal church whereby all true believers are united through faith in Christ according to the truth of God’s Word. John 17:20-23 | 1 Cor 12:12-13 | 2 Cor 11:2 | Eph 4:4; 5:23-32
- We believe in the second bodily coming of Jesus Christ to set up a literal kingdom on earth which will last one thousand years and will be followed by the eternal state and the new heavens and earth. Matt 25:31 | Luke 1:31-33 | Acts 1:10-11; 2:29-30 | Titus 2:11-13
The rest of our beliefs and Doctrinal Statement are available for download below.