There are many great opportunities at CBC to serve.
As Christians, we have been saved to serve. Though our contemporary culture is all about getting from others, Christians are to be focused on giving unto others, as we have lavishly received from Christ. So where are you presently serving? Mark 10:45 says about our Savior, “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” Following Christ’s example, let us be highly committed participants in our service to Christ and others, rather than passive spectators.
In what way can I serve?
We've listed just some of the opportunities to connect and love our church body. After reading the descriptions, fill out the survey at the bottom. Then wait until someone follows up with you or contact email@example.com.
- Office clerical help - Help with various tasks around the office, like data entry and filing
- Bookstore volunteer - Run the bookstore counter on Sunday mornings
- Childcare - (requires background check) Help with the children, infants through Pre-K, during the 9am Sunday Service
- Children's leader or teacher - (CBC Members only) Teach the Bible lesson for preschool ages or elementary on a rotation basis
- CBC Kids adminstrative help - Help free up our CBC Kids staff by doing prep work in the office during the week.
- Serve food - Help in the church kitchen by serving food for various ministry events
- Prepare food - Help in the church kitchen by preparing the food for ministry events
- Event setup and/or cleanup - Help with getting ready for church events and/or cleaning up after
- Greeter - Help make visitors and attendees feel welcome each Sunday morning
- Welcome Center host- Help provide information and answer questions
- Usher - Help greet visitors, pass out flyers, and serve communion once a month.
- Sound booth - Run the sound board on Sunday mornings or at various church events
- Run slides - Run the slide deck during the main Sunday service
- Lighting - Run the light board during the main Sunday service
- Video recording / live stream - Record and live stream the main Sunday service
- Graphic design - Help with graphic design needs for the church
- Interior design - Help with designing spaces around the church
- Photography / videography - Capture moving and still images for various church activities
- Social Media/Email - Help with planning, content creation, and posting
Missions & Outreach
- Evangelism Team - Join the evangelism team to hand out Gospel tracts and engage in conversation with people in public locations
- Shut-In / Visitation to our "Homebound" Saints - Writing or delivering birthday, get well or encouragement cards.
- Instrumentalist - (CBC members only) Help lead worship on Sunday mornings or for various ministry events
- Singer - (CBC members only) Help lead worship on Sunday mornings or for various ministry events
- Clean church property - Help with the weekly vacuuming, mopping, yard work, etc. of church property
- Construction - Help our maintenance/custodial staff with various construction projects
- General event planning/support - Help with planning and/or executing church-wide events
- Laundry volunteer - Help keep the baptismal robes, kitchen aprons clean, tablecloths, and towels clean
- Moving ministry - Help with moving people to their new homes
- Security Team - Keep our campus safe. Training and timely communication required.
Didn't see what you were looking for? Take the survey to let us know of another area that you'd like to serve or contact our church office.